MyTime's waitlist feature allows you to keep a list of clients who are waiting for the next available appointment. Before we begin there are some important things to note about this feature:
- The estimated wait time is based on the selected employee's availability (working hours and appointments) and resource availability. It is calculated by the next available appointment start time minus the current time. So if the next available appointment slot is at 9:00 am and it is now 8:45 am, the estimated wait time will be 15 minutes.
- Elapsed time refers to how long the client has been waiting / how long the client was added to the waitlist.
- By default, waitlist estimation will ignore appointments that are waiting for more than 15 minutes.
- All the waiting appointments which are ignored in estimation will display ’N/A’. If you want the waitlist estimation to ignore appointments that have been waiting for more or less than 15 minutes, please contact our Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 423-1944 to enable this on your behalf.
- Once an appointment has started or is checked out, the estimated wait time for appointments on the list will be updated.
- When we add a waitlisted item with Next Resource Available or Next Staff Available, the staff/resource auto-selection will be prefixed with an asterisk (*) as in the first row. Below the employee name is the resource name.
- The ‘Next Staff Available’ algorithm for the Waitlist is calculated like this:
- Which employees can perform the appointment sooner?
- Which is the least busy employee now? If employee A already has an appointment, but he can perform 2 appointments at the same time but B and C have no appointments now, then the system will choose between B and C.
- Which had an appointment auto-assigned recently? If we auto-assigned an appointment to B a few minutes ago and to A 1 hour ago, then A will be preferred by the system.
- Once the remaining time is 0 min, the Start button on the waitlist will turn green.
In this article we will look at the following:
- Enabling Waitlist
- Adding Clients to the Waitlist
- How Can Clients be Added to the Waitlist via Booking Widget?
The first step in using the waitlist is enabling it on the Settings page. Here's how:
- Select your Business Name in the upper right
- Select Business Setup
- Select Settings
- Next, select YES under "Allow clients to be added to waitlist?"
- Once you have enabled this setting, you are ready to begin using the waitlist.
Adding Clients to the Waitlist
Adding clients to your waitlist is pretty easy. Here are the steps:
- Go to your appointment schedule.
- On the left sidebar, you will see the + Open Waitlist button.
- Click + Open Waitlist to view or add to the waitlist.
- Select + Add Client to add a client to the waitlist.
- Next, type in the client, staff, and service information. Click Save to add the client to the waitlist.
On the right side of the waitlist, you'll see several buttons (see image below).
- Start button - This button will turn green when the selected staff member is available. When you are ready to move a client from the waitlist into an appointment spot you can simply click this button.
- Chat icon - This can be used to send a Communicator message to the client.
- Delete icon - Clicking the X will remove the client from the waitlist.
How Can Clients be Added to the Waitlist via Booking Widget?
If "Take Appointments" is set to NO and "Allow clients to be added to the waitlist?" is set to YES, then clients will be able to add themselves to the waitlist via the booking widget.
Your clients can then do the following:
- Go to your booking widget
- Select a location
- Select any service
- Choose a specific staff or select the "Next Available" option in the staff filter
- Then select the "Continue" button. A modal will appear displaying the estimated wait time.
- The client can then select the "Check-In" button. On the Checkout page, all the details such as staff, estimated wait time, service, and duration are displayed.
- On the confirmation page, the appointment estimated start time will be displayed along with all the other relevant appointment details.
- When you open the waitlist on the schedule, the client who checked in online will be displayed.