MyTime allows you to set up a cancellation policy to restrict when clients are allowed to cancel their appointments. You can also charge a cancellation fee if clients do not adhere to your policy.
Things to know:
- Once you set up a cancellation policy, it applies to both new and existing client bookings.
- The cancellation window can be in hours or days
- The cancellation fee will only be charged if the client cancels within the cancellation window. For example, if the cancellation window is set to 2 hours, a client who cancels their appointment within 2 hours or less of the appointment will be charged the cancellation fee. A client who cancels within 2 hours and 15 minutes will not be charged the cancellation fee.
- Employees are not paid commission on cancellation fees
In this article, you'll learn how to:
Configure Cancellation Policy
To configure a cancellation policy:
- Navigate to Business Setup > Settings
- Scroll down to the Cancellation Policy section
- Select the cancellation window from the "How far in advance must clients cancel their appointment?" drop-down menu. This is the number of hours or days before an appointment starts that clients can cancel their booking. If you don’t want customers to be able to cancel online, select never from the list.
- Decide if you want to enforce a cancellation fee - If enabled, MyTime will require a credit card to hold appointments and enforce a cancellation policy. You can still choose to accept online payments or require payments in person.
- Select "Charge client the full amount for their appointment" if the cancellation fee should be the total price of the service
- Select "Charge a percentage of the appointment value: x" if the cancellation fee should be a % of the total price of the service
- Select "Charge a flat fee" if the cancellation fee should be a set dollar amount regardless of the service price
The cancellation policy will now be visible to your clients on the checkout page on your booking widget. You can consider creating cancellation reasons for reporting purposes. Learn more here.
Charge Cancellation Fee Online and In-Store
To charge a cancellation fee online, your clients will:
- Select the Cancel Booking link on the booking confirmation page
- Confirm cancellation
- Agree to the cancellation fee
The client's card will be automatically charged the cancellation fee and the appointment successfully cancelled. If the client does not agree to the cancellation fee, the appointment cannot be cancelled online.
To charge a cancellation fee in-store, your staff members can:
- On the schedule, locate the appointment you wish to cancel
- Click on the appointment
- Select the Cancel Appointment link at the bottom left of the modal
- There is a confirmation box that will populate asking you to confirm this action. Confirm the cancellation by clicking Yes on the confirmation pop up
- Confirm if you want to charge the cancellation fee
- If the client booked online, their card on file will be automatically charged. If the appointment was booked by the business, you will be redirected to POS to take payment. The same applies to no-show appointments.
If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com.