On Ingenico terminals, you have the option of displaying line items. This will guarantee that each item's price, which the client must pay for, is clearly presented when the price is interpreted by the system. In this article, we will walk through how this can be accomplished.
Things to know:
- This feature is only available to merchants who have a Global Payments payment account and use Ingenico terminals.
- The Line Item Display feature flag is controlled by a hidden setting that only the MyTime team can enable. To enable the hidden setting, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When a ticket is adjusted, a display prompt describing the description, price, and quantity of each item will appear. Taxes, discounts, and the total will be displayed separately.
- When the ticket is closed or you navigate away from the point of sale, the terminal will automatically clear itself.
Enable Payment Terminal Selection on POS Tickets
Once the hidden setting is enabled:
- Navigate to Business Setup >Settings
- Locate the POS section
- Toggle the Enable Ability to Choose a Terminal on POS option to YES
Display Line Items on Ingenico Terminals
- Navigate to POS > New Ticket
- Select your desired location
- Expand the dropdown menu in the upper right-hand corner of the page
- Select the desired terminal
- Add items to the ticket
- There will be a prompt on the terminal that lists each item's description, cost, and quantity. Taxes, discounts, and the total will be displayed separately.
- Once the client is satisfied, select the Take Payment button
- Swipe or Key-In Card
- Close the ticket
Whenever you navigate away from the POS or when the ticket is closed, the terminal will automatically clear. You can manually clear the terminal screen in all other circumstances by pressing the "Clear Terminal Screen" button in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
For more information contact us at email@example.com.