MyTime offers advanced access control settings that allow you to control what your staff can or cannot view and access through their individual MyTime accounts.
The first step in managing your staff's account access is to categorize them into their proper staff role. There are three classifications you can assign staff members:
- Service Provider - someone who actively takes appointments and provides services at the business. They can be booked by prospective clients. For example, if you run a hair salon, a service provider would be a hair stylist.
- Support Staff - someone who does not actively take appointments at the business. This person may be a front of house receptionist or administrative assistant.
- Location Manager - Someone who has access to administrate employees and settings for locations that they manage. For example, at a hair salon, this person would be a staff manager.
You can assign roles to each staff member in their staff profiles in the Staff & Availability section of your account. To do this:
- Click your business name in the upper right-hand corner of your profile
- Select Business Setup
- Select Staff & Availability
- Select a staff member
When you select a staff member, their staff profile will be opened (see image below). At the top of the profile you will see the three roles listed (Service Provider, Support Staff, Location Manager). Place a check mark next to the proper role.
A Location Manager may also be a Service Provider or a Support Staff member. If this is the case, you may check both boxes.
Once staff members have been correctly categorized, you can edit the account access for each type of staff member using the Access Control Settings. This is found at the bottom of your Staff & Availability section.
When you select Access Control Settings, the window below will appear. Here you can assign access privileges to each staff role. Check the boxes next to the access you want to assign to each type of staff member. If you check a box, the staff member will have this level of access.